Daintree Rainforest Tours
Daintree Holidays > Daintree Tours
Daintree rainforest area tours offer a unique way to see one of the worlds wonders. The Australian rainforest is the oldest in the world and offers variety in plant and animal life that you cannot find anywhere else on earth.
The tours offered in this area are a terrific way to see the rainforest and variety of nature that you will find here. There are a great many companies offering tours in this area. Here are just a few of them:
- Daintree Discovery tours: This tour company only offers small group tours. This provides an experience you can’t get on a large safari or tour. The wide variety offered from this Daintree area tour company is tremendous. The price is also very affordable. The tours depart from Port Douglas and pickup is provided. You will travel in style in a Mercedes Van. The river tour is exceptional and the guides are the best in the business.
- Jungle Surfing Canopy Tours: This tour is unique and is offered in the rainforest in Cape Tribulation. What is unique about this tour is that it offers you the ability to glide through the canopy of the rainforest. This type of tour was once only available to scientist and was first made famous in the Amazon rainforest. Now, you too can glide through the canopy and see the rainforest in a way that is very special. You can sale above Mason Creek and the speed that you travel is up to you. Platforms are conveniently located in the canopy and offer a unique look at the rainforest. One item offered special on this tour is the finding of the green tree ant. They encourage you to eat one or make tea with them. They are terrific source of vitamin C and have a lemon flavor. This tour has restrictions and you should check them before booking.
- Snapper Isle Sea Kayaks: This is an amazing tour that offers the ability to Sea Kayak over to the beautiful, pristine Island of Snapper. The Snapper Island National Park is 2 kilometers from the Daintree River in North Queensland. The island is uninhabited and is a lush rainforest and is surrounded by astounding coral reefs. Once you arrive on the Island it is entirely up to you what you wish to do. You can snorkel or explore the island. You can just lie around on the beach. Fantastic food is provided and you will camp on the beach. This tour is awesome and unique. No one under ten is allowed to take this tour.
- Cape Tribulation Horse Rides: This is just a short tour but worth mentioning because it is just so fun and a great way to see the rainforest. It offers stops beautiful swimming holes along fantastic trails in the rainforest. You will be given expert instructions and provided refreshments on your tour. This is a great tour and great fun. There are weight and age requirements.
- Controversial Cooktown 4WD Safari: This tour travels the Bloomfield track into the rainforest. It was widely protested but still allowed to be created. Created specifically for the tourist trade made the track meaningless to those trying to save the ecology of the rainforest. So far, the track has had no ill effects to the rainforest and wildlife. The trek along this track in a 4WD can be very rewarding. You can spot tropical birds and insects. You can see crocodiles, snakes, frogs and forest dragons. Depending on the season some of the travel can be exciting. Fording a river in a 4WD is great fun. This tour is well worth checking out.
These are just a few highlights of the tours available in the Daintree rainforest area. You really need an extended holiday to see the Daintree rainforest area. Plan your Daintree tour today.